We want our guests to enjoy the unique visual experiences offered at Lauritzen Gardens. For the safety and consideration of all our guests, we have established the following regulations. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Photography for private, non-commercial use is welcome.
- Tripods and dipods are never allowed in the gardens or in the visitor and education center. Monopods may be used on outdoor garden paths.
- Flowers and foliage may not be picked or rearranged for any purpose.
- Plant labels and tags may not be moved or removed.
- Lauritzen Gardens is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen equipment brought to the garden.
- Do not block pathways or other access areas in any way.
- No vehicles or pets are permitted in the garden.
- Photographers, subjects and all equipment must stay out of the water features, flowers beds and off of artwork and structures at all times.
- The garden is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Photographs at the garden may only be taken during these hours, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Lauritzen Gardens staff or volunteers may enact these guidelines at any time.
- Lauritzen Gardens reserves the right, at its discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph on its premises, to refuse admittance for photography, and/or to change this photography policy without advance notice.
The guidelines listed above apply to all photography and art conducted at Lauritzen Gardens. In addition, the restrictions listed on the next page should also be observed in all instances.
Commercial photography will not be allowed in any part of the garden or its facilities without prior consideration and written consent. For consideration, a formal request must be submitted at least one week prior to the proposed shooting date. Approval or denial will be given after the consideration process. Please contact the marketing and design associate at 402.346.4002 ext. 217 with questions or requests.
Photos taken at Lauritzen Gardens cannot be sold, published, reproduced, transferred, distributed or otherwise commercially exploited without the express written consent of the Executive Director of Lauritzen Gardens.
- All portrait photography in the garden must be by appointment. Portrait sessions may be arranged through the Director of Visitor Services at (402) 346-4002, ext. 204.
- If you have not rented the facility for a wedding or event, there is a $125 sitting fee regardless of the size of your group. This fee includes admission for all of your guests. Please be prepared to pay the sitting fee as you enter the garden.
- Outdoor photographs may only be taken during our normal business hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Indoor shots not associated with a rental event may only be taken before we open to the public. Guests wishing to have photographs taken at the garden will not be admitted later than one hour before closing, unless the facility has been rented for an after-hours event.
- Clothing, backdrops or other props are not to be hung on plants or trees.
- Tram service is available seasonally (May to October) on the regular tram route and on a first come, first serve basis. The standard fee of $3 per person will be charged for use of the tram.
- Vehicles may load and unload passengers and equipment in front of the visitor and education center, however, please cars must be moved immediately after loading or unloading.
- Public restrooms may be used for clothing changes. If you have rented the facility for your wedding and/or reception, a bridal changing room may also be available.
- Artists may set up easels in lawn areas with the understanding that garden maintenance procedures may require their relocation at any time.
- Nothing may be stored on the ground around easels. All supplies must be kept in packs the artist can carry while working.
- Do not dispose of paints or any chemicals (turpentine, brush cleaners, etc.) while in the garden.
- Members of the media may photograph or film areas of the garden for the purpose of news coverage that includes Lauritzen Gardens. All members of the press must contact the director of marketing prior to arrival at the garden. To make arrangements, please call (402) 346.4002, ext. 205.
Please see policy agreement form below.
Photography Policy Agreement Form
- I agree to abide to Lauritzen Gardens' photography policy and the regulations listed above.
- I will not use any photographs or video footage taken on THIS DAY, YEAR for anything other than the intended purpose of THEIR REASON FOR TAKING THE PICTURES.
- In particular, the images captured may not be used for any commercial purpose, unless you have received written consent from the executive director of Lauritzen Gardens.
- Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha's Botanical Center, will not be held responsible for lost, damaged or stolen equipment brought to the garden. Lauritzen Gardens will also not be liable for any injury to models, crewmembers and other individuals.
Signature _______________________________ Date __________________
Print name _____________________________________________________