We invite you to join the hundreds of volunteers who help make Lauritzen Gardens one of the great botanical gardens in the Midwest. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a contribution to the community, form new friendships, learn new skills and HAVE FUN! Best of all, you can choose activities that fit your interests and abilities.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Computer work (Data entry, tracking information, scanning)
- Curatorial work (plant records, label production, label maintenance)
- Education assistance (set-up and clean-up of programs and events,
supply preparation, assistance with crafts, other needs)
- Exhibit docent (provide interpretation of an exhibit)
- Garden Tour Guide (for adult and children's tours)
- Gift Shop (wrapping purchases, dusting, decorating for the holidays)
- Indoor horticulture (propagation, watering, transplanting)
- Library volunteer (monitor the horticultural library)
- Model railroad garden engineer (run trains, clean tracks, assist visitors)
- Office assistant (labeling, mailing, filing)
- Outdoor horticulture (weeding, mulching, pruning, deadheading)
- Outreach events (promote the garden to event guests)
- Photography (capture the beauty of the garden through the camera)
- Speaker's Bureau (give presentations on the garden at events)
- Wildlife Tree (create ornaments for the birds to eat in the winter)
Regardless of the time commitment, volunteers are essential in providing a rich and enjoyable experience for all of our visitors. Through volunteering at the garden, you will learn from professionals in horticulture and education and gain hands-on experience.
Spend a few hours dead-heading among the sweet smell of the roses. Engineer in the model railroad garden and watch a child's eyes light up as they see the trains for the first time. Be the first to transplant new seedlings into their new warm beds. Discover, and help others discover, the wonder and inspiration of nature as a volunteer.
How to get started:
If you are interested in volunteering as an individual, please fill out the application and email to email@example.com or mail to:
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
100 Bancroft Street
Omaha, NE 68108
After your application is received, the volunteer coordinator will contact you to discuss volunteer opportunities, start the orientation process and set up a volunteer schedule.
For more information, please call volunteer coordinator Meganne Horrocks at (402) 346-4002 ext. 253 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a group?
Volunteering boosts employee morale and promotes team building. Pre-scheduled groups may assist with a variety of designated projects designed to be enjoyable and fulfilling; giving you and your employees or group a sense of ownership in Lauritzen Gardens. To request more information about volunteering as a group, please call volunteer coordinator Meganne Horrocks at (402) 346-4002 ext. 253 or e-mail at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the volunteer team!