For the enjoyment of others and the protection of the garden, we
thank you for following these simple guidelines:
• Outside food and beverages are not allowed. Picnics may be
enjoyed at Kenefick Park, but are not permitted
on garden grounds (except during Tempo of Twilight events).
• Please enjoy café purchases in designated, indoor areas.
• Allow yourself time to experience the garden. Go slowly, sit,
stroll, relax and enjoy the day. Study, admire and
get inspiration from the flowers, plants, shrubs, trees, grasses, seeds, colors, shapes, textures, landscape, sky, ponds, insects and birds. Listen to the sounds of nature’s
orchestra and enjoy the beauty of each season.
• View and smell flowers, fruits, leaves and seeds, but please
leave them for others to enjoy.
• Kindly stay on paths and
sidewalks. Marvel at the garden beds, trees, walls, sculptures and water features, but please do not climb on or in them.
• For the health of our plants, please do not throw coins into
• Strollers are permitted in the garden.
• Lauritzen Gardens is not a park. No jogging or running.
Recreational games, such as Frisbee and kites, as
well as bicycles, sleds, skateboards, scooters and roller blades are not allowed in the visitor and education center or anywhere in the garden.
• Smoking is not permitted in any building.
• Service animals are welcome to accompany visitors, but other
animals are prohibited.
• Please be mindful of our plant collection when taking photographs and stay out of garden beds. Our full
photography policy is available here or at the admission desk. Corporate photography requires advance notice and a separate fee.
Lauritzen Gardens is a living museum of unique four-season plant displays maintained to the highest standards consistent with environmental stewardship. It provides memorable educational and aesthetic experiences for all.