Deadline for submission: October 30, 2023
Attention all botanical artists and nature enthusiasts! We are thrilled to invite you to be a part of the 2024 series of art exhibits at Lauritzen Gardens, where the beauty of nature and art collide in a stunning display. This is your chance to showcase your two-dimensional botanical artwork in our gallery space.
Each art exhibit in our gallery lasts approximately six to eight weeks, offering ample time for visitors to immerse themselves in the captivating world of botanical art. We're seeking pieces that capture the intricate details, vibrant colors, and extraordinary forms found in the plant kingdom. Whether you're an established artist or a rising talent, we welcome your unique perspective and creative expression.
Basic Guidelines (some additional guidelines apply and are outlined in the artist contract):
- Artwork must be botanical in nature, highlighting the remarkable beauty of plants, flowers, and other botanical subjects.
- Only two-dimensional art will be accepted for display.
- Artwork will hang from our gallery hanging system in the visitor and education center at Lauritzen Gardens.
- Artists are responsible for the installation and deinstallation of their exhibitions, ensuring that each show is presented in its finest form.
- While it is not mandatory for pieces to be available for sale, artists are invited to offer their artwork for purchase. A 25% commission from any sales will support the continued growth and maintenance of the garden.
-By the time of exhibit hanging, artists should have a minimum of 15 pieces for display.
- For consideration, please submit a minimum of 3 samples of your work, along with a brief artist bio and statement. Submissions are accepted digitally or by mail.
- Digital submissions should include high-resolution images of the artwork and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailed submissions should be sent to 100 Bancroft Street, Omaha, NE 68108 (Attention: T. Sawaged) and should include photographs or prints of the artwork and contact information for the artist. Mailed submissions will not be returned.
- Submissions are due by October 30, 2023.
Bookings will begin following the submission deadline. If selected, artist will be contacted individually to book dates for 2024.
For inquiries or for more information, please contact email@example.com.